Manchester marketing conference; an afternoon full of learning and peer-to-peer discussions, followed by an evening of networking drinks.
After a morning of travelling we gathered in Manchester at the Radisson Blu for an afternoon crammed full of digital engagement, customer loyalty and much more. This was paired with insightful discussions from the round tables, followed by a fantastic evening of networking drinks hosted by The Candidate.
As with any event, there is always a very long list of people that we should thank so here we go!
A massive thank you to our host, UK Marketing Network, our sponsors, The Candidate, Cambridge Marketing College, The E word & OnlyMarketingJobs.com. An extra special thank you goes to our very own and ever entertaining, Simon Lewis of Edge Global Media Group, who did a marvellous job.
A huge thanks goes to our speakers who, I’m sure we can all agree, made the day a real learning experience! They are here to help you further if you do have any questions so do not be afraid to get in touch.
Lastly, but by no means the least, it’s a big ol’ thanks to our attendees. Without you, there would be no conference and the day was such a success due to your great contributions to conversations, questions to speakers, twitter interaction and the day as a whole. Thanks for coming & we hope you enjoyed it!
Please note that unfortunately, due to branding issues and company policies, not all presentations are available to be viewed online
Who did we hear from?
Business Innovation Manager at The Retail Institute
- What are the main drivers for the Retail Industry
- The Influence Technology and Innovation has on Retail Industry
- The implications and added value to the Consumer that Retail can deliver
- How can Brands and Retailers leverage all this innovation to maximise ROI
- Stimulate Consumers to purchase and repurchase through multi-sensory engagement
Marketing Director at First Direct
Topic: Is There Any Such Thing As Customer Loyalty?
- The misconceptions behind customer loyalty and misalignment in a “consumers world”
- Learning a few things from the UK’s first direct bank born in a pre-internet world
- How to create an unrivalled customer service along with a loyal and engaged customer base
- Best steps to approaching customer engagement in the modern age
Head of Digital Media & Innovation, ASDA (Walmart UK)
Topic: Driving Digital Engagement
- Understanding the digital landscape and the case for change in retail media
- Using customer insights to effectively increase engagement
- Recognising what content works for different audiences types
- How different tools and technologies can ensure engagement is value-add for the customer
- Creating integrated channels with content and marketing focused on the customer
Digital Innovation Specialist, Hallmark Cards
Topic: What IS Digital Innovation?
- Innovation: is it only about the technology?
- How to successfully add some digital innovation into your marketing mix
- Understanding how to maximise the impact on products & the company
0203 176 6814