Thank you for attending our B2B Marketing within the Financial Services Sector event!
With a particular thank you to our speakers and sponsors, who were fantastic. You can view the presentations on the links below.
You heard from…
Head of Corporate & Commercial Marketing, RBS
Topic: Building and Maintaining Your B2B Brand in a Competitive Market
- Creating a distinctive and meaningful brand for a competitive advantage
- Adapting to the ever-changing bank advertising landscape
- Getting the most out of your B2B media
- Embedding content into your DNA and why it’s so important
Rupert joined RBS in 2012 to lead the Business and Commercial marketing team, having spent much of his career development at Barclays and HSBC. Prior to joining RBS, he was Head of Marketing at Moneycorp Foreign Exchange, where he re-launched the brand and helped to turn it in to the UK’s no.1 foreign exchange business. At RBS, he helped to re-establish NatWest as a commercial brand, successfully delivering the bank’s largest ever B2B marketing campaign – Ahead for Business. Originally from Dublin, he moved to the UK in 1997 and has lived in London since.
Head of Marketing, Silicon Valley Bank’s UK Branch
Topic: How to Make a Global Brand Resonate in a Local Market
- Localising your brand and making it relevant in new markets
- Managing the cultural tightrope – in the UK, China and everywhere else
- Delivering on your brand promise and learning from your mistakes
Marketing Communications Manager, LV=
Topic: Be an S&M* Queen (or King). Hint and Tips On How to Whip Your B2B Sales and Marketing Relationships into Shape to Make Marketing Magic Happen. (*S&M= Sales and Marketing)
- Explore the requirements of the business
- Managing differing expectations
- Introducing structures and ways of working
- Practical examples/ case studies
Having worked both client and agency side with a range of big financial services brands involving a variety of financial products (from insurance to retirement); Liz is well placed to share some of her experiences from both sides of the fence. She’ll help bring to life her top hints and tips to ensure sales and marketing harmony.
Head of Customer Service, CommuniGator
Topic: Marketing Automation Simplified
- The most effective way of building a Marketing Automation audience base
- How to group them together
- Choosing the right automated campaign type for you
- How to pick the right one
Dan is a former integrated communications agency director with extensive digital B2B and B2C experience. Having gone to the technology side of things around two years ago, Dan now helps marketers to create highly effective digital marketing campaigns using CommuniGator’s technologies. Dan has forthright views on design, e-mail marketing, content marketing and social media which some will find controversial, but he backs up his case with compelling evidence and great examples. He is an informative and entertaining speaker who will give you actionable insights that will certainly cause you to change your approach.
Managing Editor, Sticky Content
Topic: Who’s Taking Care of Your Content?
- 7 things you need before you start writing
- 4 people you need on your side – and the jobs you should delegate to them
- 1 thing you have to stop doing – right now
Amy Nicholson is the managing editor at digital copywriting agency Sticky Content. She also sits on the Executive Board of the British Interactive Media Association.
With a career background in content marketing across both print and digital channels and many years editing magazines in contract publishing, she now focuses on digital, helping a range of blue-chip clients and well-loved brands build and execute successful, multi-channel content strategies.
At the moment, Sticky Content is working on projects for clients from national charities to high-street banks. Amy’s years working in print helped to ingrain the traditional editorial rigour that’s so valuable in digital marketing today, whatever the screen size, and it’s this dedication to disciplined, valuable, engaging content with a purpose that Amy brings to her clients today.